Digerati and Charge Games have confirmed a release date for their clone-sacrificing puzzle-platformer Overloop on Nintendo Switch.
Pitched as a light-hearted adventure set in an ethically compromised future in which you helped to invent a cloning gun – the Quantum Matter Replication Device – at Infinity Inc. Now the nefarious, profit-hungry megacorp has sold it to the masses with disastrous consequences, and it’s down to you to sort out the mess that your invention helped create.
“We are a small team, but we are huge game fanatics. We’re especially crazy about fun gameplay, atmosphere, and humour. And story. And music,” explains Charge Games’ George Kobyakov. “Our goal was to successfully combine all these elements into a game, and we think we’ve achieved that with Overloop. It’s the game we’ve always wanted to create and we can’t wait to share it with the world!”
The publisher has outlined the game’s key features as below:
- Create clones! Make endless copies of yourself with the cloning gun and use your perfectly formed doppelgangers – up to four at once – to overcome obstacles and solve puzzles
- Sacrifice clones! Dystopias are very dangerous places, and many clones will suffer hilariously gruesome deaths along the way. Fried! Crushed! Mangled! Minced! RIP clones 🙁
- Explore a world of weirdness! From suspiciously friendly AI and cultish crackpots, to modified corn and cloned panda bears. This freaky future has (almost) everything!
- Think about ethics! Is it better that a clone should die, rather than the real you? Consider the morality of human cloning as you condemn countless versions of yourself to death
- Have a mustache! Play as a hero with sweet facial hair. Purely cosmetic. Totally badass.
Overloop will release digitally on the Nintendo eShop for Nintendo Switch worldwide on 24th March 2023.