After Destra drifts to sleep each night, they find themselves entering a mysterious and infinite dream-world which is “filled with glowing balls to throw, shattered remnants of locations past, and vague memories.”
Taking inspiration from games such as Hades, Into The Breach and Inception, this is promised to be the developer’s “deepest, most ambitious and most replayable title” and will deliver an experience that explores themes such as introspection and self-reflection.
The game comes to Nintendo Switch as the Dream Team Edition, adding a 52-page Digital Art Book and a complete game soundtrack as well as “reimagined tactics, brand new characters and new game modes, abilities and memorial.”
There are also shortcuts for story-focused gamers, a Challenge Mode and a Nightmare Mode that offers “an ultra hardcore gameplay experience for those wanting to fully immerse themselves in the roguelike aspects of memories between. “
“We’re really excited to bring Desta to new platforms. Even more players will be able to enjoy its story, gameplay and characters, falling even deeper into Desta’s dream with our Dream Team Edition. We’ve packed this bundle with so many new abilities, characters, game modes and more – I can’t wait for our community to get their hands on it in the coming weeks,” enthuses lead designer Joel Beardshaw.
“Whether you are an experienced tactics player or this is your very first time trying one out, we believe Desta: The Memories Between (Dream Team Edition) has something for every type of player.”
The developer has broken down the game’s key features as below:
- Into The Infinite Dream: Night after night, Desta finds themselves falling into the mysterious and seemingly endless Infinite Dream – filled with powerful, luminous orb-like balls, shattered remnants of locations past and relationships Desta’s wished went differently.
- Play A Surreal Ball Game: Overcome tactical challenges with perfect throws, shoot spirited trick shots and land sensational hits in turn-based sports-style encounters. As nights progress, Desta will become more experienced and attuned to this surreal world, discovering new abilities and ways to win.
- Find Your Friends: Brought to life with a full voice cast, Desta will meet all sorts of interesting and strange characters throughout their journey, all with exceptional abilities and powers, creating a varied and different playing experience every time
- Relive Forgotten Memories: Surprises await every time Desta falls into the dreamworld. With unique dialogue, abilities and environments to explore – this is ustwo games’ deepest and most replayable game yet.
- Introduction To Tactics: From beginning to end, being approachable is a core value of all ustwo games. Desta: The Memories Between is designed for players of all skill levels to be able to experience the full journey
Desta: The Memories Between Dream Team Edition will release digitally on the Nintendo eShop for Nintendo Switch worldwide on 26th April 2023.