SneakyBox is the developer behind the game, which “reinvents a tried-and-true formula, adding quirky characters, unexpected enemies, and intense, engaging combat set against a vibrant and eerie backdrop.”
Zombies, raiders, zombie raiders and mutant lizards roam free in this post-apocalyptic odyssey, in which you must journey to reach sanctuary across a treacherous wasteland. Working with a humble group of skilled survivors, you must maneuver through hordes of undead, manage your hard-earned resources and outsmart the swarms that you are confronted with.
Each character class has access to unique abilities, whether that be Pyro setting foes ablaze for lingering damage, Hydromancer drenching enemies or Thrasher delivering electrifying surprises. Strategically utilising each class’ talent, upgrading your characters and unlocking new abilities will be key to overcoming the odds that are stacked against you.
The procedurally generated landscape and unpredictable enemy encounters will make sure that no two runs are ever the same.
The publisher has outlined the game’s key features, which include:
- Beautifully animated hand-drawn art that brings the quirky vision of the post-apocalypse to life
- Eight character classes, each equipped with unique default and special abilities
- A dozen enemies from the archetypal zombie to deadly raiders and mutant reptilians, to explosive monstrosities, and two surprisingly brutal boss fights
- Over 50 randomly occurring events that present risk-reward scenarios
- Over 70 items and runes to collect to turn the odds in your favour
- Roguelite progression means no two runs will be the same, but you permanently upgrade stats like party size and speed of resource accumulation, which means each run will get you closer to reaching your goal
- Original orchestral soundtrack by Jelle Dittmar
Days of Doom will be released digitally on the Nintendo eShop for Nintendo Switch worldwide on 21 September 2023.