HypeTrain Digital and So Romantic have confirmed that their cyberpunk-themed JRPG Jack Move will release on Nintendo Switch later this year.
Promising a “unique blend of gritty storytelling, turn-based battles and beautiful modern pixel art,” you play as young vigilante hacker Noa Solares. After the overreaching mega-corporation Monomind kidnaps her estranged father, she has no choice but to rescue him before it is too late.
As you fight your way through cyberspace, you will be confronted with street punks, gangsters, corporate militia and horrific cyber-experiments-gone-wrong in tactical turn-based battles.
You can customise the software of your Cyber Deck mid-battle to switch roles – choosing to balance your offence, defence and buffs to help lead you to victory. Further to that, hardware upgrades can boost your stats, grant Noa extra abilities and increase the amount of software you can install.
The publisher has outlined the game’s key features as below:
- Gorgeous “Hi-Bit” pixel art inspired by retro RPGs and enhanced with modern techniques.
- Battle your foes in cyberspace. Take them down using a multitude of sweet hacking software.
- Explore the dangerous world of Monocity-1 and take down Monomind, the evil mega-corporation that controls it.
- Play as Noa Solares, a sassy hacker out to save her father and the world.
- Fight your way through a bunch of dungeons filled with all-sorts of cyberpunk villainy. Street punks, gangsters, corporate militia, secret service agents, and horrific cyber-experiments-gone-wrong will all be battling against you!
Jack Move will release digitally on the Nintendo eShop for Nintendo Switch worldwide in 2022.