In this “ratoidvania” adventure, you will have the chance to set out on the epic journey of four prisoners of the British empire who have been transformed into rats by the notorious pirate witch, Flora Burn.
To restore their human bodies, they must overcome many dangerous bosses, discover the secrets of the vast Irish coast and capture the witch who placed the curse upon them.
The publisher has outlined the game’s key features as below:
- Classic Metroidvania platforming and combat: Explore and fight your way through a wide variety of stunning locations along the 18th-century Irish coast.
- 4 iconic heroes with individual playstyles and skill trees: Develop your skills as David Douglas, Buffalo Calf, Bussa, and Akane Yamakawa.
- Stunning hand-drawn art and animations: 2D animation inspired by classic animated films combines seamlessly with detailed 3D environments.
- Local co-op for up to 4 players: Drop-in/out at any point using the flexible local co-op mode.
- Challenging boss battles: Take on Flora Burn’s elite crew! Study and learn their complex attack patterns to emerge victorious.
- Get Spiritual: Gather Spiritual Energy and use it to upgrade your characters with extensive skill trees!
- Item collecting and inventory management: Search for hidden treasure and purchase items from the quartermaster to give you the edge in battle.
Curse of the Sea Rats will release at retail and digitally on the Nintendo eShop for Nintendo Switch worldwide on 6th April 2023.