Nintendo has revealed that Nintendo Switch Sports will release on Nintendo Switch in the coming months.
- Tennis: rally by gently swinging the Joy-Con controller at the right time
- Bowling: roll the ball straight ahead, or give it a little curve.
- Chambara: Knock your opponent off the platform while attacking and defending.
- Football: Use a gigantic ball to make dynamic plays. Enjoy matches with Joy-Con controllers to shoot and perform Diving Headers. By attaching a Joy-Con controller to the Leg Strap accessory included with the physical version of Nintendo Switch Sports (also available separately), you can play Shoot-out mode with intuitive kicking motions.
- Badminton: Control your shots left and right while keeping the shuttlecock in the air. Swing left and right while keeping the shuttlecock in the air. Unleash powerful smash shots to gain the upper hand!
- Volleyball: Use a Joy-Con controller to serve, bump, set, and spike the ball.
Whether in person or online, you will be able to enjoy multiplayer with your family, friends or to challenge players around the world. You will have the chance to customise your avatar with items collected from competing online, and to test your skills in the Pro League where winning matches in the different sports will increase your rank.
There will be two free software updates that will be made available in summer and autumn. The first update will let you play football matches with a Joy-Con controller and the Leg Strap accessory, whereas the second will add Golf as a new sport to the game.
As the game’s launch approaches, a Nintendo Switch Sports Online Play Test will be held on Saturday 19th and Sunday 20th February 2022 for Nintendo “to evaluate various technical aspects and help improve the quality of the game.”
Nintendo Switch Sports will release at retail and digitally on the Nintendo eShop for Nintendo Switch worldwide on 29th April 2022.