Chucklefish and Robust Games has revealed that their point-and-click comedy adventure Loco Motive will release on Nintendo Switch.
After Lady Unterwald dies under suspicious circumstances while travelling on the Reuss Express, you are the number one suspect and must solve head-scratching puzzles in order to prove your innocence.
That will see you rely on the talents of a straitlaced lawyer, an amateur detective and an undercover agent to progress the murder investigation aboard the opulent 1930s steam train. Only by helping them to piece together the facts will you be able to prove your innocence, and work out who actually committed the crime and what their motivation had been.
Those that get stuck can even turn to the game’s own hints and tips line “for a true 90s point-and-click adventure experience!”
The publisher has outlined the game’s features as below:
- A comedy adventure that hits like smooth jazz, set onboard a 1930s express train.
- Take control of three playable characters, in an interlinking comedic adventure.
- Uncover a deadly mystery, full of twists, turns and slapstick humour.
- Meet a train-full of quirky and somewhat suspicious fellow passengers.
- Stop at nothing to solve item-based puzzles, that won’t leave you head scratching for hours.
- Choose how you play, by taking direct interactive character control, or opting for a classic point and click experience.
- Beautifully detailed pixel art bursting with charm and character.
- Need a little nudge in the right direction? Telephone for assistance with an in-game hint call-line!
- Fully voiced, with the slinky sounds of composer Paul Zimmerman (Space Haven).
Loco Motive will release digitally on the Nintendo eShop for Nintendo Switch in Summer 2022.