After the Red Stone War devastates the world, it becomes divided into three regions. With the mutants infesting the planet, the Undercity is where the survivors have fled to seek refuge from them while the rich and powerful rule over the world from the sky city Esperanza.
In this action-packed 2D side-scrolling cyberpunk rogue-lite, you must set out in this desolate sci-fi world to bring Esperanza’s corrupt military to justice as part of the Undercity’s resistance force.
Promising “tight, responsive controls and a cast of charming characters,” you will wield transformable weapons that can be customised using different Cores and Transform Upgrades to help your defeat your enemies.
The game comes to the portable home console with all the content previously released for the PC version, which includes:
- Three playable characters, each with their own unique playstyle and signature weapons.
- 200 different items from Cores to Gears.
- Enhanced weapons to turn them into the beasts they need to be to take on the monsters flooding the world.
- Seven bosses.
- The Friendship System encourages making friends and earning rewards from the game’s NPCs.
- Assault Level that unlocks after “finishing” the game and tests the mettle of even the toughest player with endless hard-mode waves of enemies.
Blade Assault will release at retail and digitally on the Nintendo eShop for Nintendo Switch worldwide on 31st March 2023.