Nintendo has revealed what will be included with the next software update for Animal Crossing: New Horizons, which will see their tinkering upgrade the game to version 2.0.0.
To be made available on Friday 5th November 2021, the company has confirmed that this “will be the last major free content update” for the Nintendo Switch exclusive.
As showcased in last week’s Animal Crossing: New Horizons Direct, this free update will introduce “new facilities, characters and support from Resident Services for players to enjoy, as well as new gameplay mechanics.”
Nintendo has broken down the features and activities that you will be able to enjoy below:
- Brewster will open the Roost: Something new is coming to a corner of the museum … The Roost, a café to take a relaxing break in and enjoy some hand-selected coffee, will be opened by the quiet proprietor Brewster after players fulfil a certain favour for museum director Blathers. You may run into some island residents here, too. If you use the amiibo phone inside the café, you can invite other characters to join you by using compatible amiibo cards. If you’d like, you can even invite friends to your island and bring them to the Roost to enjoy relaxing cups of coffee together.
- Take a boat tour with Kapp’n: Kapp’n hangs out at the pier and will take you to one of the remote islands on his boat. The sea shanties he serenades you with along the way is also part of the fun! You may arrive at islands with mysterious flora that’s never been seen before, or islands with different seasons and time of day. What kind of mysteries await?
- Unearth gyroids: So far, fossils could be dug up from the ground. And now you can also find gyroids. Each gyroid plays unique sounds. You can also customise them to match their surroundings when you place them.
- Shop at the open market on Harv’s Island: Harv’s Island is undergoing a renewal. With a little help from his friend Harriet, Harvey is inviting some shops to the island for an open market. Contribute Bells to the cause to help make it happen! Familiar visitors on your island like Redd, Saharah and Kicks will have shops here now, and Reese & Cyrus’s shop will offer furniture customisation that can’t be done through DIY workbenches. At Katrina’s shop, she’ll look at your fortune of the day. Harriet can even teach you some different hair styles!
- Get cooking: Cooking will be added to DIY Recipes. After growing vegetables on the island like tomatoes, wheat, sugarcane, potatoes and carrots, you can combine your harvest or other ingredients and fill up your dining table with delicious looking dishes. Bon appetit!
- Further support to your island life: Nook, Inc. will offer further support for players living the island life. From group stretching at the plaza and bigger home storage, to the Resident Representative being able to establish ordinances like reducing the rate at which weeds grow or make all residents get up early in the morning, there are more options to help players enjoy and adjust their island to fit their lifestyle.
Animal Crossing: New Horizons is now available exclusively for Nintendo Switch worldwide.