Nintendo has released a new software update for Animal Crossing: New Horizons that now sees the Nintendo Switch exclusive on version 1.4.0.
Animal Crossing: New Horizons is now available exclusively for Nintendo Switch worldwide.
Animal Crossing: New Horizons Update 1.4.0 Patch Notes
The software has been updated if you see “Ver. 1.4.0” in the upper-right corner of the title screen.
- General updates
- New seasonal events, fireworks shows, have been added.
- New limited-time seasonal items have been added to Nook Shopping.
- A new feature was added to the NookPhone Camera app, allowing you to turn off the guide information by pressing the Right Stick.
- The “funny glasses” item now matches up with player skin colour variations.
- Online connectivity features
- A new feature allows you to sleep in a bed and meet Luna. You can upload a dream of your island via the internet or visit other uploaded dream islands.
- New features have been added to the Custom Designs Portal. You can now search by design name or type. You can also create a list of favourite creators.
- A new feature has been added for backing up save data to Nintendo’s servers via the internet. You can use backed-up save data with the island backup service if your Nintendo Switch console is lost or damaged.
- You must have an active Nintendo Switch Online membership and enable island backup within Animal Crossing: New Horizons to use this new feature.
- Save data cannot be restored at a customer’s discretion. If your console is damaged, you must contact Nintendo Support to start a repair request. If you have lost your console, you must contact Nintendo Support.
- This feature does not allow save data to be transferred to a different console (unless your console is lost or damaged, as explained above). We currently plan on adding a save data transfer feature within 2020. Information on the feature and timing will be announced on a later date.
- Learn more about the island backup restoration service.
- Fixed issues
- Other adjustments were made to improve the gameplay experience.