Nintendo has confirmed that the free autumn update for Animal Crossing: New Horizons will be made available this week, on Wednesday 30th September.
This will see acorns and pinecones start falling from trees that you can use to craft new DIY recipes as well as other Halloween costumes, character customisation options, frightening Reactions, DIY projects and festivities.
The new features that will be added to the Nintendo Switch exclusive from Wednesday 30th September are:
- Growing Pumpkins: Pumpkin starts are available in-game from Leif year-round or from Nook’s Cranny during October. Once pumpkins are grown, they can be harvested and put to use in pumpkin-based DIY projects.
- Halloween Preparations: Pumpkins are just the beginning of the Halloween-themed festivities coming up. With the big day just around the corner, players can start stocking up on candy early. It is possible to purchase costumes, such as a mage dress or a mummy outfit, at Able Sisters’ shop during the month of October. Body paint and coloured eye contacts are available by exchanging Nook Miles. Fellow residents will also give out Halloween-themed DIY recipes.
- Halloween Night Celebrations: When Halloween night arrives on 31st October, after 5 p.m., neighbours will gather in the plaza which will be adorned with an array of Halloween decorations. Players will also receive a visit from a mysterious guest: Jack, the “czar of Halloween.” By giving Jack lollipops and candy, players earn spooky in-game rewards. Saving some candy for neighbours helps players to avoid getting pranked by them. Luckily, they can learn a couple of new Reactions to properly express their feelings of fear.
- Dreaming Favorite List: The ability to take a nap and visit other islands within dreams was introduced this summer. Now, players will be able to curate a list of their favourite islands to visit in dreams, making it easier to revisit them anytime.
- NookLink Update: The NookLink Service in the Nintendo Switch Online smartphone app is also receiving an update in early October With the update, players will be able to use their smart device to perform reactions in the game. How about using it for this occasion?
The next update for Animal Crossing: New Horizons will arrive in late November.
Animal Crossing: New Horizons is now available exclusively for Nintendo Switch worldwide.