With multiple gameplay modes and dystopian urban levels to fight your way through, you must string together brutal combos to survive this 2.5D side-scrolling action game which has been based on the concept drawings for the original Dreamcast game.
“We’re excited to take the wraps off Slave Zero X,” enthuses Ziggurat Interactive senior vice president of business development Michael Devine. “The game is a fantastic mix of fast-action, combo-heavy fighting set to a backdrop invoking a sinister mood, and we can’t wait to show off more of it in the coming months.”
The publisher has outlined the game’s key features as below:
- Multiple Gameplay Modes: Play through the story, build your combo-crushing skills in training mode, or test your might in the post-story Bloody Palace Mode.
- Side-Scrolling Hack and Slash: Chain together lethal attack combos with your sword and an array of explosive ordinance while leaping, sprinting, and flipping your way through a grim biopunk world.
- Stunning Set Pieces: Conquer mini-bosses and climactic archvillains in unforgettable combat sequences.
- Action-Packed Heroic Missions: Battle your way through massive levels, mazes, and boss-rushes in a dynamic 2.5D world.
- Epic and Dynamic Ambiance: Immerse yourself in a world of heavy Drum ‘n Bass and industrial tracks that get more intense as the action heats up.
Slave Zero X will release digitally on the Nintendo eShop for Nintendo Switch worldwide, with a release date or window still to be confirmed.