You will soon start to recover Old Maps in treasure chests as you explore the sky islands in The Legend of Zelda: Tears of the Kingdom (TotK). These are items that you will naturally start to find, and your curiosity will wonder about what lies at the locations in the Depths that they lead you to.
These are more than worthwhile to investigate – especially if you don’t have many The Legend of Zelda series amiibo – as they will lead you to discover items that take inspiration from Link’s past adventures in games such as The Legend of Zelda: Ocarina of Time, The Legend of Zelda: The Wind Waker, The Legend of Zelda: Twilight Princess and The Legend of Zelda: Skyward Sword.
Many will simply lead you to a treasure chest, but others will lead you to labyrinthine puzzles or coliseum battles that you will need to overcome before you will be able to claim your well-deserved reward.
Here are all the rewards from the treasure chests that Old Maps have led us to so far in our time with the game, which we will continue to update:
- Cap of the Wild (Coordinates -3955, 3723, -0858): According to legend, this cap was crafted for a hero who travels the wild lands. Wearing it just feels so right.
- Cap of the Wind (Coordinates 4654, 0621, -0722): According to legend, this cap was treasured by a hero who traveled the Great Sea. It flaps quite serenely in a soft sea breeze.
- Cap of Time (Coordinates -4077, 2799, -0450): According to legend, this cap was once worn by a hero who traveled through time. A truly timeless item perfect for kids and adults alike!
- Midna’s Helmet (Coordinates 4549, -3595, 0472): A helmet much like the one Midna wore when she fought alongside the hero of Twilight. It’s a rather rare find.
- Sea-Breeze Boomerang (Coordinates -2735, 2918, -1120): A boomerang said to have been used by a hero who traveled the Great Sea. it smells faintly of salt water.
- Sheik’s Mask (Coordinates -4310, -3727, -0480): A mask said to have been worn by a Sheikah who saved a time-traveling hero. Made from the finest of Sheikah stealth fabrics, it is the final word in undercover gear.
- Trousers of the Sky (Coordinates 1164, 0426, -0580): Legends say these trousers were once worn by a hero who appeared from the sky riding a mighty bird. It was the official garb of a certain order of knights.
- Trousers of the Wild (Coordinates 1673, 3722, -0561): Legends say these pants were tailored for a hero who travels the wilderness. Strangely enough, they’re the most comfortable pair of pants you’ve ever worn.
- Trousers of the Wind (Coordinates 3793, -3614, -0445): Legends say these trousers were cherished by a hero who sailed the Great Sea. They’re water-resistant, naturally.
- Tunic of the Wild (Coordinates -4878, -3720, -0458): This armor was apparently crafted for a hero who travels the wilds. Strangely enough, it’s just your size.
- Tunic of the Wind (Coordinates -3788, 1344, -0682): Legend has it this armor was once cherished by a hero who sailed the Great Sea. It’s said to have been a gift from his grandmother.
- Tunic of Twilight (Coordinates 4518, 2164, -0454): Legend has it this armor was once worn by a hero who battled the monsters of twilight. There still seems to be some hair clinging to it… Looks like it may be from a wolf?
- Zant’s Helmet (Coordinates 2142, 3184, -0838): The ruthless Usurper King of the Twilight Realm wore a helmet much like this one… It’s a rather rare find.
The Legend of Zelda: Tears of the Kingdom is now available at retail and digitally on the Nintendo eShop for Nintendo Switch worldwide.
Coordinates are pointless because you can’t see it in the interactive map. Would’ve been nice if you at least wrote the island archipelago.