Nintendo has shared a new trailer for The Legend of Zelda: Skyward Sword HD, breaking down the Quality of Life improvements that have been made to the upcoming remaster.
As outlined in the video, those improvements include:
- Optional help from Fi: Fi only appears in cut-scenes or when necessary and can otherwise be summoned manually to provide advice or guidance.
- Enhanced framerate: The game runs at 60 frames per second, resulting in smoother gameplay
- Fast-forward dialogue: Text shown on-screen can be fast-forwarded by pressing the B Button
- Streamlined item information: Explanations for collectable items, such as insects and materials, only appear the first time the item is collected
- Skippable cutscenes: Cutscenes can be skipped by pressing the – Button
- Autosave: Game progress will be saved automatically, in addition to the existing manual save option
- Skippable tutorial dialogues: The introductory player tutorials have been refined to be less intrusive
With the chance to discover the origins of the Master Sword in what is the earliest story in The Legend of Zelda series, you will join Link as he sets out to save his childhood friend Zelda who must also confront her own destiny.
Soaring through the sky riding a Loftwing, you will journey between floating islands and descend to the treacherous surface world, swinging your sword and angling your slashes to break through your enemies’ defences with motion control or the newly-added button only control scheme.
The Legend of Zelda: Skyward Sword HD will release exclusively for Nintendo Switch worldwide on 16th July 2021.