Konami Digital Entertainment has confirmed a western release date for Yu-Gi-Oh! Rush Duel: Dawn of the Battle Royale!! on Nintendo Switch.
This game is based on the Duel style of Yuga Ohdo, the main protagonist from the Yu-Gi-Oh! Sevens anime which has proven to be popular in Japan.
Rush Duel is an alternate ruleset from the standard Master Duel used in the traditional Yu-Gi-Oh! Trading Card Game which is promised to be “just as entertaining and is a great entry point for any new Duelist.”
With “an exciting, brand-new way to play,” you will be able to repeatedly summon powerful monsters to fill the field up with your cards. On your next turn, you can replace your hand back to full, regardless of how many cards you played – with the threat of the momentum shifting between you being in total control to your opponent suddenly having the advantage.
The publisher has broken down the game’s features as below:
- Discover an original story featuring a host of fun new characters
- Explore a full single-player campaign in which you can hone your Dueling skills
- Build up your Deck from a massive, wide-ranging selection of cards
- Duel wherever you are with local multiplayer functionality for up to two players
- Take on your friends and challengers across the globe in online two-player Duels
- And much, much more
Yu-Gi-Oh! Rush Duel: Dawn of the Battle Royale will release on the Nintendo eShop for Nintendo Switch worldwide on 7th December 2021.