The Pokémon Company International and Game Freak have released a Porygon2 code that you and redeem in Pokémon Sword and Pokémon Shield.
This will let you receive the powerful battle-ready Virtual Pokémon in the Nintendo Switch exclusives, which has been released to celebrate the Pokémon Players Cup that has been held this weekend.
You will need to enter the password PKMNPLAYERSCUP into the Mystery Gift feature to receive the Porygon2, which has been “expertly trained to battle with Trick Room strategies.” You will need to be quick, though, as the code will only work until 31st August 2020.
To claim your in-game Porygon2 gift, follow these steps:
- Launch your Pokémon Sword or Pokémon Shield game.
- Select Mystery Gift on the X menu.
- Select Get a Mystery Gift.
- Select Get with Code/Password to connect to the internet.
- Enter the password.
- Watch as the gift arrives in your game. (Pokémon will appear in your party or your Pokémon Boxes.)
- Be sure to save your game.
Pokémon Sword and Pokémon Shield are now available exclusively for Nintendo Switch worldwide.