Nintendo has released a new software update for Xenoblade Chronicles 2, that sees Monolith Soft’s expansive RPG now on a rounded version 1.4.0.
This has addressed multiple issues, such as when the rare blade Dagas would disappear, occasions when Skip Travel would be prevented, and when using Lightspeed Flurry as a Special would not have the Recover Recharge effect.
There are also changes and new additions, like new sorting categories in the Blade List and Accessories, the new rare blade T-elos, travelling bards that will exchange bonus EXP for Poppi’s rare parts, and the special blade Poppibuster.
Xenoblade Chronicles 2 Update Version 1.4.0 Patch Notes
- Fixed an issue causing the rare blade Dagas to disappear if bonded with a driver other than Rex, but engaged with Rex when starting a New Game Plus.
- If Dagas has disappeared, downloading the latest update will cause him to be restored.
- Fixed an issue causing Adenine’s blade quest, “Limits of Awareness” to advance automatically after continuing when the Ver. 1.3.1 update had been applied.
- Fixed an issue that rarely prevented Skip Travel when on the Skip Travel screen.
- Fixed an issue causing the Recover Recharge effect from Mythra’s skill, Lightspeed Flurry, not to occur when used as a Special.
Changes and New Features
- Added the sorting categories “Driver,” “Trust,” and “Field Skill” to the Blade List.
- Added the sorting category “Type” to the list of Accessories.
- After having cleared the game’s main story, once a star appears next to your current money in the menu the rare blade, T-elos can be bonded from core crystals at random.
- Numerous traveling bards have been added that will exchange bonus EXP for Poppi’s rare parts when playing New Game Plus.
- Added functionality to receive the first additional rare blade from the Expansion Pass, Poppibuster.
- Poppibuster is a special blade, and the quest rare blade quest “Shiny New Power” must be completed to a certain point before Poppibuster can be engaged.