Untold Tales, Studio Voyager and IguanaBee have shared a new gameplay trailer for What Lies In The Multiverse, which is releasing soon on Nintendo Switch.
This story-driven, 2D dramatic comedy adventure comes packed “with hilarious, cartoonish hijinks” as well as “mature and deep themes like death, envy, and obsession.”
When a gifted boy – known as The Kid – finds himself zapped into a new universe, he meets Everett, a sarcastic, eccentric and mysterious scientist who possesses the power to shift dimensions.
After bonding over their mutual curiosity for parallel worlds, they set out to investigate the unknown. Together they head to a strange island where they will discover answers about Everett’s past and the universe, while being hunted by old acquaintances who want to put a stop to their dimension shifting shenanigans.
The publisher has broken down the game’s features as below:
- Embark on a journey across gorgeous pixel-art worlds, each with a unique parallel universe you can dive into at will.
- Switch worlds in mid-air. Can’t reach a ledge? Bam! Now it’s closer. Sick of sliding around on ice? Kapow! Alternate to a universe with firmer ground.
- Meet a vast cast of quirky characters, from zen monks to hairy bikers, and see how they change from one reality to another.
- Befriend a charismatic but hopelessly amoral scientist named Everett and follow him on an adventure through the multiverse.
- Discover a light-hearted but emotionally nuanced story that delves into the darker side of human nature.
What Lies In The Multiverse will release on the Nintendo eShop for Nintendo Switch worldwide on 4th March 2022.