With the chance to lead a team of kickass Roller Derby athletes to victory, you’ll come to rely on strategy and real-time controls to smash your competition. Then, outside of the ring, you must manage five big personalities as they deal with friendship, heartbreak and the gradual collapse of late capitalist society. Your choices and the outcome of the matches you participate in will affect your team’s ultimate fate.
“After our narrative-driven debut football drama, we wanted to take everything we’d learned and push the boat out even further,” explains Open Lab Games lead designer Pietro Polsinelli. “From the hand-drawn visuals to the bold genre mashup, Roller Drama is hella ambitious and weird. We aim to give players a sporting triumph they wouldn’t find anywhere else!”
The developer has outlined the game’s key features as below:
- Interactive narrative with meaningful choices and multiple endings.
- Vivid, explorable universe.
- Real-time roller derby matches.
- Coach a team of five athletes with wildly different personalities.
- Upgrade your team’s abilities over time.
- Hand-drawn character art by award-winning illustrator Vic Macioci.
Roller Drama will release digitally on the Nintendo eShop for Nintendo Switch worldwide in early 2023.