This has seen the developer port its iOS and Android game EGGLIA: Legend of the Redcap to the portable home console, complete with new missions and events, more character expressions, battle re-balancing and an updated interface.
Designed by Secret of Mana series artists Shinichi Kameoka and Koji Tsuda, you play as the redcap Chabo who sets out to recover mythical eggs that can be hatched to unlock new lands to explore.
Hunting monsters for experience and to gather resources in turn-based dice combat, you will have the opportunity to grow your village and build homes for the characters that you meet on your journey. Such homes can be upgraded and furnished with decorations, customising your experience to create your own world.
“It’s wonderful to be able to bring the world of EGGLIA to Nintendo Switch,” enthuses Brownies president and CEO Shinichi Kameoka. “Particularly in this iconic year for us at Brownies, which marks the 10th anniversary of the studio, and my 30th year working in game development. EGGLIA: Rebirth is a symbol of our own rebirth: the first game to be published by Brownies, as well as our 10th-anniversary title.
“We hope everyone enjoys the new world of Egglia, which has been reborn while keeping all the things we loved about the original game. We believe that the large amount of additional content will be enjoyed by both those who played the smartphone version and those who are new to the world of Egglia. We developed this game with the hope that it would be a place for our players to ‘go home’ to, and help players recharge at the end of a busy day. We hope you will pick it up and try it for yourself!”
The developer has outlined the game’s new features as below:
- New missions and events: More than 50 new events, explore the town, and interact with new inhabitants;
- More expressions for colorful characters: More unique new characters and inhabitants have been added to the town who will help players in their adventures and town-building. Also, added facial expressions in event scenes, added cut-in effects at key points, and many other details;
- Freedom to roam the mystical world of Egglia: Players can now freely control the main character, so they can run around as much as they like within the stunning fantasy world;
- Internal adjustments and balancing: Adjusting the balance of battles, obtaining items, and changing event flags to be more suitable for console gaming;
- Updated interface – The user interface has also been redesigned to fit controller operations instead of the touch operation of smartphones.
EGGLIA: Rebirth will release digitally on the Nintendo eShop for Nintendo Switch worldwide on 10th February 2022.