Tsunekazu Ishihara On What To Expect From Pokémon On Nintendo Switch
The Pokémon Company president and CEO Tsunekazu Ishihara has talked about what the world can expect from the Pokémon game in development for Nintendo Switch.
This comes after Game Freak co-founder Junichi Masuda spoke about what the future holds for the brand, and how excited the team is to have the chance to release a Pokémon game on Nintendo Switch.
Ishihara made five clear points to Bloomberg, which are:
- “With the Switch, we see it as a chance to create Pokémon that goes deeper and with a higher level of expression. As a result, that makes it an extremely important platform.”
- “Right now we’re using 7 to 8-inch screens, but on a high-definition TV you can express a whole different world with graphics and sound.”
- “Until now, games were made as one for one person, but now you can go home and play with everyone – so how do we tackle these themes, and how do we make sure it’s not complicated?”
- “I can’t say that we’ll release accessories, but I’d like to think of that possibility.”
- “Unlike smartphones, the Switch is not a game device that assumes that there’s constant network connectivity. So from our perspective, it’s really not that different from DS or 3DS in terms of connectivity.”
With the game still heavily in development, Ishihara wants to make sure that everyone picks up Pokkén Tournament DX as well as Pokémon Ultra Sun and Pokémon Ultra Moon to have fun in the meantime.
Pokémon Ultra Sun and Pokémon Ultra Moon will release exclusively for Nintendo 3DS worldwide on November 17th.