This award-winning “multi-genre action-strategy game” was originally released on Xbox Live Arcade, and has now been “overhauled and upgraded with new content, skins, gameplay, expanded game modes, improved controls and graphical upgrades.”
Including all the original downloadable content and “a few new levels,” you can command your antique World War I toy soldiers from above or take direct control from below.
You must lead your foot soldiers, cavalry, tanks and planes to victory, deploying guns, gas, howitzers, mortars, troops, flamethrowers and vehicles to protect your Toybox as you fight to control the trench-filled diorama battlefields of Europe.
The developer has outlined the game’s key features as below:
- Amazing Shell-Cam: Take a ride and follow your shot right onto its target!
- Man the Guns: Leap into your strategically placed units and take hands-on control.
- Fierce Boss Battles: Remember: this is a war of attrition, do whatever it takes against huge enemy bosses.
- Commandeer Machines of War: Think you can drive it better? Jump behind the wheel and drive (or fly) these classic machines of war yourself.
- Miniaturized Mayhem: Intense battlefield action as these miniature models unleash mayhem on each other!
Toy Soldiers HD is now available digitally on the Nintendo eShop for Nintendo Switch worldwide, priced at £26.99 ($29.99).