This rhythm game is set in the Touhou Project universe, and “rose from the ashes” after Danmaku Kagura’s mobile version was shut down.
You will be challenged to tap notes to the beat as they fly down increasingly difficult note charts, with boss fights promises to present “particularly fiendish challenges for rhythm game fans.”
With controls adapted to controller input, you will also have the chance to enjoy a new theme song by Kishida Kyoudan & THE Akeboshi Rockets x Kayoko Kusano. The developer is also working to add additional supported languages and to implement the Mitama Card Index and a Music Cover Art Index within the port to the portable home console.
“We’re honoured by the fan support to continue Danmaku Kagura in this new form on Steam and Nintendo Switch,” enthused Unknown X founder JYUNYA. “We haven’t just seen support from console and PC rhythm and Touhou fans, but also from players of the mobile version that told us this was the first time they ever paid for a game that wasn’t free-to-play!”
The developer has outlined the game’s key features as below:
- Rebuild of Touhou Project’s first officially approved smartphone rhythm game “Touhou Danmaku Kagura” as a standalone version.
- Optimized for gamepad and controller operation
- A new story mode by Hitoshi Fujisawa (story note), in which players aim to restore a damaged Gensoukyou (fantasy land).
- All of the beautiful cards are available (some cards will be added through updates and DLC).
- Free Mode allows you to play the rhythm game to your heart’s content.
Touhou Danmaku Kagura Phantasia Lost will release digitally on the Nintendo eShop for Nintendo Switch worldwide in 2023.