Wired Productions and Rogue Sun have revealed that Tin Hearts will release as a timed exclusive for Nintendo Switch this week, a month prior to it hitting PC, Xbox and PlayStation.
“We’re honoured to be working closely with Nintendo to bring Tin Hearts exclusively to the Nintendo Switch on its Apr 20th launch,” explains Rogue Sun managing director Kostas Zarifis. “After winning Most Anticipated Nintendo Switch Game at Gamescom last year we wanted to celebrate all the love we’ve been receiving from the Nintendo community and this timed exclusive launch felt like a great way to do just that.”
Wired Productions managing director Leo Zullo adds: “Launching games is getting tougher, sometimes it is worth mixing things up. With the love shown by Nintendo and Nintendo fans, it made sense to give those players a chance to experience the wholesome Tin Hearts… especially before Zelda comes and takes over.”
Tin Hearts comes from a team that used to work at Lionhead Studios, and is pitched as “an immersive puzzle adventure game set in an alternate-timeline Victorian universe, wrapped in a powerful tale of love and compromise.”
In your effort to unravel the thought-provoking story of genius Victorian inventor Albert J. Butterworth, you must guide a troop of mischievous tin soldiers through a magical toy-filled world. You will need to use whimsical and inventive contraptions to bounce, shoot and glide them to their goal in more than 40 increasingly elaborate levels.
The publisher has outlined the game’s key features as below:
- Embark on a Trail of Puzzles: Control toy cannons to clear the way ahead, bounce to new heights using trampoline drums and manipulate balloon inflating machines to help the soldiers reach their destination!
- Unravel the Story: Discover a deeply emotional story spanning generations and dimensions, masterfully woven into the fabric of this puzzle-filled world. Clues are everywhere, seek them out and you will be rewarded with a heartfelt tale, beautifully voiced and animated over three acts.
- Explore a Magical World: Feel like a child in a toy store as you immerse yourself in a magical, alternate-timeline Victorian universe full of nostalgic warmth and charm.
- Use Your Imagination: Unlock powers to control objects in the world, from wooden blocks to drums to toy trains. Link objects in interesting ways as you build paths to the exit for your fearless tin soldiers to follow, and slowly reveal the secrets of their past.
- Manipulate Time: Pause, fast-forward and rewind time to change the outcome of your actions and complete increasingly intricate puzzles.
- Enjoy the Memorable Soundtrack: Take your time working through the relaxing puzzles and enjoy the poignant soundtrack, from award-winning composer Matthew Chastney, whose credits include trailers for ‘JOKER’, ‘Chernobyl’, and ‘Bridgerton’.
- From the developers of Fable: Tin Hearts is brought to life by former members of the exceptionally talented Lionhead Studios development team, responsible for the critically acclaimed Fable series.
Tin Hearts will release at retail and digitally on the Nintendo eShop for Nintendo Switch worldwide on 20th April 2023.