Merge Games and Half Past Yellow have confirmed that their sandbox puzzle adventure game Time on Frog Island – previously called Trading Time: A Croak Tale – will receive a physical release on Nintendo Switch.
After a captain is shipwrecked on a strange island from encountering a terrible storm, he awakes to find his boat in ruins. Clutching his precious potted plant in his hands, he sets out to fix his boat and find his way home.
The problem is, the peculiar frog-like locals don’t speak his language and they don’t want to give up the items that he needs without receiving something in exchange.
With a cast of friendly characters, head-scratching puzzles to solve and hidden treasure to discover, you must endure a “spaghetti network of trades” that will take you all over the island as you seek out the materials the captain needs to fix his boat.
The publisher has outlined the game’s key features as below:
Explore at your own pace
- Make your own path in this island sandbox, you never know what will be around the next corner!
- Get to know the froggy locals and help out where you can.
- Discover new items by fishing and farming, and concoct simple brews that will change how you traverse the island.
- Learn from the frogs and put your new skills to the test around the island.
Trade to fix your boat
- Ask around for the items you need, but bear in mind that you might need to do a frog a favour to get what you want.
- Solve interesting puzzles to get your hands on required items.
- Try not to get too sidetracked by island life!
Experiment with everything!
- Run faster, jump higher, fall slower, anything is possible if you’re holding the right item.
- Discover different ways to complete those crucial trades.
- Each object you pick up could end up being the key to something bigger.
Time on Frog Island will release at retail and digitally on the Nintendo eShop for Nintendo Switch worldwide in Summer 2022.