“It’s been an exciting journey for Time on Frog Island and it won’t be long before fans can get to visit the island for themselves,” enthuses Merge Games product manager Alexander Hainsworth. “The team at Half Past Yellow have been busy adding the finishing touches to the game and we can’t wait for players to experience this wonderfully charming sandbox puzzle adventure game when it launches in July.”
After a captain is shipwrecked on a strange island from encountering a terrible storm, he awakes to find his boat in ruins. Clutching his precious potted plant in his hands, he sets out to fix his boat and find his way home.
The problem is, the peculiar frog-like locals don’t speak his language and they don’t want to give up the items that he needs without receiving something in exchange.
With a cast of friendly characters, head-scratching puzzles to solve and hidden treasure to discover, you must endure a “spaghetti network of trades” that will take you all over the island as you seek out the materials the captain needs to fix his boat.
The publisher has outlined the game’s key features as below:
Explore at your own pace
- Make your own path in this island sandbox, you never know what will be around the next corner!
- Get to know the froggy locals and help out where you can.
- Discover new items by fishing and farming, and concoct simple brews that will change how you traverse the island.
- Learn from the frogs and put your new skills to the test around the island.
Trade to fix your boat
- Ask around for the items you need, but bear in mind that you might need to do a frog a favour to get what you want.
- Solve interesting puzzles to get your hands on required items.
- Try not to get too sidetracked by island life!
Experiment with everything!
- Run faster, jump higher, fall slower, anything is possible if you’re holding the right item.
- Discover different ways to complete those crucial trades.
- Each object you pick up could end up being the key to something bigger.
Time On Frog Island will release digitally on the Nintendo eShop for Nintendo Switch worldwide on 12th July 2022, and physically at retailers from 15th July 2022.