This pixel-art game is set in a grim underground world now ruled by the mysterious Church of the Great Hand, in which a global catastrophe has eradicated the entire human population.
You must explore the game’s world on your quest to rescue your child from the cult’s clutches, listening to survivor stories and defeating the bloodthirsty demonic creatures that you are confronted with.
The publisher has outlined the game’s key features as below:
- Atmospheric pixel art world: A vast, detailed and beautiful pixel art world to explore;
- Unique combat system: Adjust your fight style for every foe and boss by switching between 4 main weapons on the go;
- Thrilling and emotional story: A deep and touching 30-hour long storyline about a family, war and redemption awaits you;
- 70+ Types of enemies and bosses: Be prepared to slaughter hundreds of dreadful monsters and bosses;
- 1000+ Dialogues and Karma system: Non-linear narrative helps to build a branching story with meaningful choices that will impact the world according to the player’s decisions;
- Useful skills to upgrade your weapons: A massive skill tree for every weapon allows you to build your own fighting style.
There Is No Light will release on the Nintendo eShop for Nintendo Switch worldwide in Q4 2022.