indieszero is behind the return of the fan-favourite rhythm action series. With three game modes and more than 100 Final Fantasy characters to form your dream music battle party with, there are both local and online multiplayer options along with plans for post-launch downloadable content.
There are 385 Final Fantasy tracks in the base game, with the Digital Deluxe and Premium Digital Deluxe editions adding music from Square Enix series like NieR, SaGa, Live A Live, Octopath Traveler and more.
The publisher has outlined the game’s key features as below:
- The music of Final Fantasy comes together here: Includes popular tracks from a total of 46 different games, featuring the latest music from FFI through to FFXV in the main series, as well as remakes, spin-offs and various different soundtrack CDs. Relive the thrilling battles and soaring emotions alongside beautiful music and video.
- Throw yourself into the rhythm: Push the buttons in time with the music to match triggers moving across the screen on 3 different types of stage. With easy-to-learn controls and four different difficulty settings, anyone can jump in and have fun straight away. Also supports controller-sharing play using a Joy-Con controller.
- Online multiplayer for up to 8 players: Introducing riotous online Multi Battles where everyone plays together! Interfere with the other players plans and make clever use of your Burst abilities to turn the tables and grasp victory. Don’t forget to exchange ProfiCards once the battle is over!
- Put together the party of your dreams with a total of 104 characters to choose from. Meet cute versions of many classic characters and monsters from the series as exciting RPG battles play out alongside the rhythm action. Gather and power up your team to beat the next stage.
- Enjoy the music and video at your leisure: The game also features music player and theatre modes that let you sit back and enjoy the tracks and movies you have collected without the rhythm game action.
Theatrhythm Final Bar Line will release at retail and digitally on the Nintendo eShop for Nintendo Switch worldwide on 16th February 2023.