Microids and IMPS have announced that The Smurfs 2: The Prisoner of the Green Stone is in development for Nintendo Switch.
OSome Studio is behind this 3D adventure-platformer, which is a sequel to 2021’s The Smurfs: Mission Vileaf.
After Handy Smurf creates the SmurfoMix, he realises his revolutionary invention is missing the Green Stone which is in Gargamel’s greedy clutches. Setting out to recover the Green Stone from Gargamel’s laboratory, a fatal misstep causes it to explode with its fragments scattering throughout the Cursed Land.
That catastrophe unleashes its incredible powers to copy and decompose matter into the wild and sets free the evil Stolas – a new order that is bent on creating a reign of terror. It is up to a crack team of four Smurfs to save the Cursed Land, with the SmurfoMix to help and an unexpected ally in Gargamel himself.
The publisher has outlined the game’s key features, which are:
- Meet the team of four iconic Smurfs: Handy Smurf, Brainy Smurf, Clumsy Smurf, and Smurfstorm.
- An accessible and intuitive gameplay that will delight both Smurf fans and action/platforming fans.
- Enjoy dynamic gameplay with exploration, platforming and even more intense combat thanks to the SmurfoMix!
- For the first time in a video game, collaborate with Gargamel! Use his teleporters to travel through the Cursed Land and discover three brand new unexplored regions.
- Collect various resources to acquire the BoostiBoom and improve the Smurfomix throughout your adventure!
- Embark on the adventure with a friend or family partner in co-op mode.
- A new story which respects the license, set in a beautiful, well-crafted colorful universe!
The Smurfs 2: The Prisoner of the Green Stone will release at retail and digitally on the Nintendo eShop for Nintendo Switch worldwide in Q4 2023.