Private Division and Obsidian Entertainment have confirmed that a new software update is now available for The Outer Worlds on Nintendo Switch.
This long-anticipated update, version 1.2, has seen Virtuos Games who handled the port look to deliver visual improvements and further optimise the game’s performance on the portable home console.
The Outer Worlds is now available at retail and on the Nintendo eShop for Nintendo Switch worldwide.
The Outer Worlds Update Version 1.2 Patch Notes
Features included in this update:
- Implemented a half-resolution SSAO
- Implemented Clouds in Skybox
- Replace SSR with SphereReflectionCapture
- Disabled subsurface profile shading
- Added Depth of Field to Conversation Camera
Changes and Fixes included in this update:
- Limited the max instance count for sounds to improve CPU performance
- Adjusted the volume threshold for sounds to improve CPU performance
- Packed textures to save memory
- Optimized materials for the environment and terrain
- Optimized and added more vegetation to the world
- Added details to the world buildings
- Used normal map textures instead of triangles for objects
- Re-designed some buildings
- Meshes rebuilt for improved visuals
- Lightmap texture streaming rebuilt
- Fixed character AI issues
- Improved the streaming performance to fix the building dark issues players experienced and some texture blur issues