The team has worked to remake the classic rail-shooter which hit arcades way back in 1997, looking to deliver “a whole new entourage and gameplay changes to suit modern gaming standards.”
With multiple endings to reach, the experience will remain “true to the original gameplay” as you gun down hordes of undead monstrosities.
The publisher has outlined the game’s key features as below:
- Well known arcade classic with modern graphics and controls;
- True to the original gameplay;
- Local 2-player multiplayer;
- Multiple endings;
- Photo Mode;
- Armory with unlockable weapons;
- Hordes of the undead monstrosities in a new game mode;
- Gallery with encountered enemies and bosses.
The House of the Dead: Remake will release digitally on the Nintendo eShop for Nintendo Switch worldwide on 7th April 2022.