The Greatest Video Games Music 2 set for November 6th release
The Greatest Video Games Music 2 will see a digital launch on November 6th, X5 Music Group have confirmed.
The sequel to 2011’s The Greatest Video Game Music, the London Philharmonic Orchestra return once more playing seventeen new, classical orchestrations of the video game industry’s most beloved musical themes, which include Halo, Batman: Arkham City, Assassin’s Creed: Revelations and Final Fantasy VII.
IGN and Kotaku readers were invited to choose a duo of the album’s tracks, with 80,000 votes selecting Mass Effect 3 and The Elder Scrolls V: Skyrim.
“It’s been an absolute pleasure to be invited back to produce a second video game music album with the London Philharmonic Orchestra,” commented conductor and arranger Andrew Skeet. “Not only are they a phenomenally talented ensemble, but we’ve been able to work with them on some incredible source material too. I really think video game fans are going to love what we’ve produced.”
The full track list is as follows:
* Assassin’s Creed: Revelations – Main Theme
* Batman: Arkham City – Main Theme
* Chrono Trigger – Main Theme
* Deus Ex: Human Revolution – Icarus Main Theme
* Diablo III – Overture
* Fez – Adventure
* Final Fantasy VII – One-Winged Angel
* Halo – Never Forget/Peril
* Kingdom Hearts – Fate of the Unknown
* Little Big Planet – Orb Of Dreamers (The Cosmic Imagisphere)
* Luigi’s Mansion – Main Theme
* Mass Effect 3 – A Future for the Krogan/An End Once And For All
* Portal – Still Alive
* Sonic the Hedgehog – A Symphonic Suite
* Super Metroid – A Symphonic Poem
* The Elder Scrolls V: Skyrim – Far Horizons
* The Legend of Zelda: The Wind Waker – Dragon Roost Island
In celebration of today’s announcement, music lovers can download ‘Never Forget/Peril’ from Halo entirely free of charge by using this link
The album itself can also be pre-ordered through iTunes.