Tetris Ultimate for Nintendo 3DS slots in November 11th
Arriving to celebrate the 30th anniversary of the series, Ubisoft have neatly slotted Tetris Ultimate in for release – clearing four lines in the process.
The Nintendo 3DS version will boast an exclusive single-player challenge mode alongside another six modes that promise to keep you occupied for hours on end. If you’re hoping for more information, then the publisher has kindly drilled these down specifically as follows:
* Marathon: Complete level 15 and rack up as many points as you can.
* Endless: Keep clearing lines until your stamina runs out!
* Ultra: Race to score as many points possible before time runs out in this three-minute challenge.
* Sprint: Clear 40 lines as quickly as you can.
* Battle: Go head-to-head to knock out 1-4 challengers.
* Battle Ultimate: Be the last person playing after using crazy power-ups! Go on the offensive with Carousel and make your opponent’s Well shift to the left after each move, or trigger Let it Rain and dump garbage down on top of them. Buzz Saw helps you out by clearing away a number of your lines, especially useful when you’re in a spot of trouble.
* Challenge: With four mode variants, be prepared for a variety of challenges that will put any player’s determination to the test.
These variants within Challenge mode include: Master, where Tetriminos drop instantly and appear at the bottom; Rotation Lock in which the Tetriminos orientation is randomised and cannot be changed; having to clear more lines as you level up in Escalation; Invisible, where the Teriminos become invisible as they fall.
Tetris Ultimate will release through the Nintendo eShop on November 11th, launching at retail in North America on November 11th and in Europe on November 14th.