Enhance, Monstars and Resonair have revealed that Tetris Effect: Connected will release on Nintendo Switch this October.
This has seen the developer reinvent the popular puzzler, delivering an experience where the game’s music, backgrounds, sounds, special effects and Tetris pieces “pulse, dance, shimmer, and explode in perfect sync with how you’re playing.”
With more than 30 stages and over 10 modes, the game comes packed with content that promises to challenge your mind and present a feast for all your senses, including:
- Includes Cross-Platform Multiplayer! Players on different platforms can easily join Friend Match rooms with the new Room ID feature.
- Spectator Mode is available in Friend Matches. A room can contain up to 8 total people.
- Includes the “Zone” mechanic, where players can stop time (and Tetriminos falling) by entering “the Zone” and either get out of a sticky situation that could otherwise lead to “Game Over,” or rack up extra line clears for bonus rewards.
- Multiplayer mode “Zone Battle,” which shakes up traditional 1-on-1 Tetris gameplay via the time-stopping Zone mechanic made famous in Tetris Effect.
- A “Connected” co-op mode, where up to three players can literally connect their Tetris playfields together and play as one.
- Over 30 different stages, each with its own music, sound effects, graphical style and background that all evolve and change as you play through them.
- Ranked and unranked play, matchmaking, and player progression for unlockable avatars.
Tetris Effect: Connected will release on the Nintendo eShop for Nintendo Switch worldwide on 8th October 2021.