This is the next game from Super Blood Hockey developer Loren Lemcke, which has looked to combine “awesome pixel devastation and stupidly big explosions with farcical fatalities and comedic catastrophe in one monster-sized blast of apocalyptic good times.”
When The Church of the Holy Lizard plan to save humanity from its own reckless disregard of the planet, you must set out on a rampaging, satisfying and darkly funny trail of destruction as one of four monsters – the Hemasaurus, Clocksloth, Salamandrah or Autonomous Hemasaurus.
Whether stampeding alone or with up to three friends in local co-op, you will punch buildings, hurl humans into helicopter blades, butt slam into crowds, eat people for nourishment and kick cars as you unleash mindless destruction on the nearby population.
The publisher has outlined the game’s key features as below:
- Monsters: Hemasaurus! Clocksloth! Salamandrah! Autonomous Hemasaurus! Four terrifying (but also kind of adorable) beasts, each with their own killer moves!
- Destruction: Explosive pixel devastation and mayhem on a monstrous scale! Reduce buildings to dust. Topple skyscrapers. Destroy everything!
- Death: Hurl humans into helicopter blades! Butt slam into crowds of terrified citizens! Eat people for nourishment! Smoosh them all to save the planet!
- Stages: Do what the game tells you across a variety of levels! Kick cars into buildings! Rescue the cats and dogs! Total a tower in record time!
- Friends: Got buddies? Good for you! Put them to use by getting them to join you for some local co-op carnage! Up to four friends can cause terror together!
Terror of Hemasaurus will release digitally on the Nintendo eShop for Nintendo Switch worldwide on 12th January 2023.