You play as a young Alchemist who is starting a new life on a floating island in the sky. Armed with simple tools, Alchemical recipes and the ability to tame nature spirits, you will be challenged to build yourself a home and prove yourself as a true Alchemist in a land that has become weakened by dark forces.
The game’s procedurally generated world will offer you more than 120 islands to explore, as you spend your days uncovering the mysteries behind the shattered world – flying between islands, gathering precious resources, crafting decks and battling the wild spirits that confront you.
The publisher has outlined the game’s key features as below:
- Travel by balloon, broom, or glider through unique biomes to reach the outer edges of the world
- Tame and befriend wild spirits to fight alongside you
- Discover and explore dungeons to earn upgrades, collect coot and uncover secrets
- Craft dozens of items and vehicles to customize your home and access the most distant edges of the world
- Meet the locals, become a member of the community and, just maybe, fall in love
- Set up your new home on any of the 100+ islands in your procedurally generated world
- Turn overgrown islands into thriving farms
- Grow crops and flowers to brew potions with magical effects
- Keep spirits on your farm to produce valuable resources
Moonstone Island will release digitally on the Nintendo eShop for Nintendo Switch worldwide in 2023.