Red Art Studios has ported this dynamic 2D action game to the portable home console, in which you play as a highly-trained and experienced firefighter who has been air-dropped in the middle of a mysterious burning facility.
With a huge fire raging around you, only you can stop it. Your main mission objectives are to contain the fire, investigate its causes and search for any survivors.
In addition to the main mode, there is a special Kid Mode that has been created for younger players aged 3 and up which has easier levels, an immortal hero, simplified controls with auto-aim and lots more helicopters and trucks.
There is also a Hold My Beer Mode which adds hidden areas in every level and new threats that require you to use “a more precise and tactical approach.”
The publisher has outlined the game’s key features, which include:
- Unique 2D firefighting game
- Smooth controls and gameplay mechanics
- Beautiful pixel art graphics
- Finely tuned difficulty settings
- Kid Mode with special levels and controls created for younger players
- “Hold my Beer” Mode adding hidden areas as well as new threats and tactical elements
- Hidden cats to save
Nuclear Blaze will release at retail and digitally on the Nintendo eShop for Nintendo Switch worldwide on 28th April 2023.