DICO is behind porting the 2D action RPG to the portable home console, in which, as Vivian the Vagrant, you must journey through a hand-painted fantasy world known as Mythrilia to discover the truth about your bloodline and its darkest secret.
That will challenge you to battle your way through hordes of monsters, engaging in battles where you will come to rely on combo chains, charge attacks and special skills to vanquish your enemies. You will also have the chance to improve your character’s built through obtaining new equipment and abilities.
The publisher has outlined the game’s key features as below:
- Hand-painted, traditionally animated characters.
- Flawless, hardcore action combat.
- Over 70 deadly and dangerous monsters and beasts.
- 6 massive level sets, all beautifully hand-painted.
- Multiple weapons, armour, and accessories to loot, purchase, and discover.
- A large-scaled skillset to enhance character builds for immersive and intense gameplay.
- Craft and enchant your equipment to improve your combat performance.
- Use various offensive skills to destroy your enemy. Evolve the skills with elemental enchantments.
- Multiple endings to make your adventure even more unpredictable.
- 10+ challenging Boss monsters with intuitive AI and battle mechanics. Challenging even for the most advanced players.
- Monsterpedia that allows you to collect data on the monsters as you defeat them.
- Fast travel to previously visited areas to re-challenge or grind.
- Exciting and emotionally driven musical score by Gabe Castro.
- Rich and intriguing storyline development.
- 4 difficulties ranging from casual play to hardcore fighting, each with the full gameplay experiences.
Sword of the Vagrant will release digitally on the Nintendo eShop for Nintendo Switch worldwide on 1st December 2022.