Super Smash Bros. Ultimate Update 4.0.0 Now Available
Nintendo has released a software update for Super Smash Bros. Ultimate, that now sees the mascot brawler on update version 4.0.0.
This update has added Dragon Quest’s Hero as a new playable fighter for those that own the downloadable content, a Very Easy difficulty to Adventure mode, new terrains to Stage Builder, new Dragon Quest-themed spirits, new Dragon Quest-themed Mii Fighter Costumes, and more.
Super Smash Bros. Ultimate is now available exclusively for Nintendo Switch worldwide.
Super Smash Bros. Ultimate Update Version 4.0.0 Patch Notes
- Very Easy difficulty has been added to Adventure mode.
- Snapshots can be added to the timeline in Edit Video. Only snapshots taken via the pause menu can be used; screenshots taken using the Capture Button cannot be used. In addition, snapshots taken from custom stages cannot be used.
- Steel, grass, sponge, paper, and yarn terrains have been adjusted in Stage Builder. After this update, stages created in versions 3.1.0 and older may behave differently. In addition, the way thumbnails are displayed has been adjusted.
- The following spirits will appear in the Shop on the Vault menu: Slime, Dracky, Great Sabrecub, Golem, Liquid Metal, Slime, Cetacea, and Hero’s Comrades.
- Online Tourney mode has been added. While a tourney is open, please check rules and more within Online Tourney.
- A Support function to predict the winner of a Spectate battle and earn points has been added. The points can be exchanged for in-game items and gold.
- Videos can now be played repeatedly in Shared Content. In addition, a Yeah! will be added automatically whenever you save posted content.
- The following downloadable content will be usable after purchase: Hero Challenger Pack, Erdrick’s Helmet + Armour, Martial Artist Wig + Gi, Veronica’s Hat + Outfit, and Slime Hat.
- You cannot make videos of replays that contain DLC you have not purchased (fighters, stages, music, Mii Fighter costumes, etc.).
- Once the FS Meter is fully charged, the Final Smash must be used within 20 seconds or the FS Meter will reset. Note: This change will not affect Spirits mode.
- Game balance adjustments have been made.
- Several issues have been fixed to improve gameplay experience.