Super Smash Bros. Ultimate Update 3.1.0 Now Available
Nintendo has released a software update for Super Smash Bros. Ultimate, that now sees the mascot brawler on update version 3.1.0.
This update has introduced the new VR Mode under Games & More which requires the Nintendo Labo Toy-Con VR Goggles, as well as enhanced amiibo support, and other balance adjustments that have been detailed.
Super Smash Bros. Ultimate is now available exclusively for Nintendo Switch worldwide.
Super Smash Bros. Ultimate Update Version 3.1.0 Patch Notes
You can use the Toy-Con VR Goggles to enjoy Smash in VR mode via the Games & More menu.
- VR mode is a single-player experience only.
- The Toy-Con VR Goggles are sold separately as part of the Nintendo Labo Toy-Con 04: VR Kit or the Nintendo Labo Toy-Con 04: VR Kit – Starter Set + Blaster.
- This is shown on Nintendo Labo’s page as well: https://www.nintendo.co.jp/labo/with_toy-con/
- FPs can be used in Battle Arenas.
- An option to send amiibo out on journeys has been added, through which FPs go on a journey to train via the internet. You can find it via Games & More → amiibo → Send on a Journey.
- Some of the preferred rules for Quickplay battles have been adjusted.
- Game balance adjustments have been made.
- Several issues have been fixed to improve gameplay experience.
- Details of fixes and changes to fighters can be found here.