Nintendo has released a software update for Super Smash Bros. Ultimate, that now sees the mascot brawler on update version 10.0.0.
This has introduced the Sephiroth Challenge limited-time event as a chance to unlock the One-Winged Angel, Northern Cave stage and additional Final Fantasy VII tracks early.
On Tuesday 22nd December 2020, version 10.1.0 will be pushed live that will add the new Mii Fighter costumes and Challenge Pack 8’s official release on the Nintendo eShop.
Super Smash Bros. Ultimate is now available exclusively for Nintendo Switch worldwide.
Super Smash Bros. Ultimate Update Version 10.0.0 Patch Notes
- The Sephiroth Challenge mode event has been added for a limited time.
- You can attempt this mode if you’ve purchased the Sephiroth Challenger Pack or the Fighters Pass Vol. 2. Defeating Sephiroth will unlock him as a playable fighter and grant access to his stage.
- This mode will appear on the upper left of the main menu. Press the + Button to take on the challenge.
- Once the event period is over, the mode will become unavailable, but Sephiroth and his stage will be unlocked immediately for anyone who has purchased the Sephiroth Challenger Pack or the Fighters Pass Vol. 2.
- Several issues have been fixed to improve gameplay experience.
Note that you cannot make videos of replays that contain DLC you have not purchased (fighters, stages, music, Mii Fighter costumes, etc.).
- The latest software version is required to enter Online mode.
- Local wireless play is not compatible with Ver. 9.0.2 and earlier. All players who want to fight in local wireless battles need to make sure they have the same software version.
- Replays from Ver. 9.0.2 to 9.0.0 may not be compatible. Replays from Ver. 8.1.0 and earlier are not compatible. If you want to keep your replays, convert them into videos before installing the update. You can do this via Vault → Replays → Replay Data → Convert to Video.