Super Smash Bros. for 3DS update version 1.0.5 adds amiibo support
A new software update for Super Smash Bros. for Nintendo 3DS is now available, upgrading the game to Version 1.0.5.
Far from insignificant, this delivers a new Share mode allowing you to post photos, replay data and your Mii Fighters to Nintendo’s service to share with the world, amiibo functionality to coincide with the arrival of the New Nintendo 3DS, and as also “fixed some issues.”
This is required to enjoy online multiplayer, and will prevent you from playing locally against those that are yet to download the update.
Nintendo’s complete rundown of what has been added in Version 1.0.5 is as below, for those interested!
This update also includes the previous game updates.
– Share mode has been added.
* Users can only post their own content. Content posted to the server will be deleted after 30 days.
* Users will be able to share and exchange photos, replay data, and Mii Fighter data with users on their 3DS Friend List.
* Content will be received when the Nintendo 3DS is connected to the Internet.
* It may take some time to receive the data.
* Content uploaded to the server will be deleted from the server after 30 days.
* Users will be able to post photos to Miiverse from within the game.
* Photos will be posted to the official Snapshot Sharing Community.
– amiibo functionality has been added to New Nintendo 3DS XL
* FPs that were trained in Super Smash Bros. for Wii U can be used in Super Smash Bros. for Nintendo 3DS.
* Nintendo 3DS/XL systems will be compatible with amiibo functionality using a peripheral device scheduled to launch in 2015 and the software update that will follow.
– In order to let you play the game more comfortably, we have also fixed some issues.