Super Mario Maker debuted strongly in the UK software charts, however the Wii U exclusive’s couldn’t eclipse Konami’s Metal Gear Solid V: The Phantom Pain.
Hideo Kojima’s swansong at the Japanese company remained in the lead despite a 78 percent decline in sales compared to last week, with Nintendo’s editing tool left to enter the chart in second place.
It still performed well enough for GfK Chart-Track to remark that it was “the fourth best week one sell-through for a Wii U title,” with Mario Kart 8, Super Smash Bros. for Wii U and Nintendo Land being the other three games that they refer to.
Disney Infinity 3.0 Edition, Until Dawn and Gears of War: Ultimate Edition all saw sales declines. Whereas the only other new chart entry was PlayStation 4 exclusive Tearaway Unfolded, which entered at No. 33.
1. Metal Gear Solid V: The Phantom Pain, Konami
2. Super Mario Maker, Nintendo
3. Mad Max, Warner Bros. Interactive
4. Disney Infinity 3.0 Edition, Disney Interactive Studios
5. Until Dawn, Sony Computer Entertainment
6. Gears of War: Ultimate Edition, Microsoft
7. Grand Theft Auto V, Take-Two Interactive
8. LEGO Jurassic World, Warner Bros. Interactive
9. Minecraft: Xbox Edition, Microsoft
10. Minecraft: PlayStation Edition, Sony Computer Entertainment