Konami Digital Entertainment has confirmed a release date for Super Bomberman R 2, which will release on Nintendo Switch later this year.
Promising to open “the next chapter in the Bomberman Brothers story in an all-new galaxy-saving adventure,” the party game returns with the new “Castle” Battle Mode. This challenges you to compete in 1-on-15 asymmetrical battles in which the defending player creates the map and must place defensive traps to slow down the attacking players, who must attempt to overcome them.
In the single-player Story Mode, a threat looms in the universe once again and the eight Bomberman Brothers receive help from their new friend Ellon who has a “major role” to play in how the events unfold.
Super Bomberman R‘s Standard Battle Mode, Battle 64 and Grand Prix Battle Modes are all back, and there is a Level Editor in which you can create new stages to share with other players online – with access to different terrain options, wall placements and defensive gimmicks to position.
The publisher has outlined the game’s key features, which include:
- Battle Mode: Enjoy 4 battle modes: “Castle”: Asymmetrical battle between the Castle side, which protects the treasure chest, and the Attack side, which aims to win the treasure chest; “Standard”: The classic battle mode loved by fans; “Grand Prix”: Battle of two teams! Work with your allies to defeat the opposing team; “Battle 64”: Battle for survival with up to 64 players! Aim for Bomber One.
- Grade Match: Battles between users with similar abilities! Fight online with players from all over the world!
- Room Match: Set freely battle modes and rules! Get your friends together online and have a good time!
- Offline Battle: With one console you can enjoy Bomberman! Connect additional controllers and play with family and friends! *Controllers for the number of persons are required.
- Stage Editor: Customized stages with blocks and gimmicks can be shared online! Create, play, share, and explore various stages with the Stage Editor!
- Story Mode: Enjoy the Story Mode that has been enhanced! Visit new planets with Bombermans new friends “Ellons” and face the threat of the universe!
Super Bomberman R 2 will release digitally on the Nintendo eShop for Nintendo Switch worldwide on 13th September and at retail on 14th September 2023.