XSEED Games and Marvelous Europe have released a software update for Story of Seasons: Pioneers of Olive Town, which now sees the farm-life simulation on update version 1.0.5.
This has taken longer than expected to be pushed live for western fans, based on the additional localisation required and certification issues.
“We previously announced that the gap in release between the Japanese version of the 1.0.5 patch and our version was due to the large volume of additional text that had to be localized into English, French, German, and Spanish. However, even with that completed we have run into issues with certification that affect the North American version,” XSEED Games explained.
“We are working to complete the process as quickly as possible, and right now we are working towards 1.0.5 releasing on Saturday, June 26. We apologize again for the inconvenience, and we are sincerely grateful for the support and patience of all Story of Seasons: Pioneers of Olive Town fans.”
Story of Seasons: Pioneers of Olive Town is now available at retail and on the Nintendo eShop for Nintendo Switch worldwide.
Story Of Seasons: Pioneers Of Olive Town Update Version 1.0.5 Patch Notes
- Changes the functionality of makers to make them easier to use
Makers can now be pre-loaded with enough materials to continually make up to 10 items of the same type
- Adds the ability to sidestep and lock movement in a straight line
Hold the L Button or R Button while moving with the Left Stick to lock your movement in left, right, up, or down direction
- Adds a heart gauge visual during dialogue with marriage candidates
- Improves some issues that caused lag
- Removes the need to press the A Button when moving from indoors to outdoors
- Adjusts some cooking times
- Adjusts some of the residents’ existing dialogue and adds new dialogue
- Changes characters’ responses when giving a present, confession, or proposing multiple times in one day
- Adds new visuals for different meals