Pitched as a “stirring narrative about love, loss and lyricism,” the game is “a mix tape of visual novel, rhythm game and narrative adventure.”
Set in Jakarta, Indonesia, it focuses on the young musician Rama who struggles to compose music after his girlfriend Cinta passes away. You will be challenged to complete an EP of music to fulfil the unfinished promise that was made to Cinta, with multiple endings to reach based on the choices that you make.
With the experience accompanied by an original soundtrack from Indonesian band L’alphalpha, it has been created with Indonesian artist Soyatu behind the game’s distinctive manga-inspired art style.
The publisher has outlined the game’s features as below:
- An emotional new story from the creator of Coffee Talk and What Comes After.
- A unique mix of narrative adventure, dating sim and rhythm game.
- Multiple possible endings and story paths, based on player choice across short and accessible day, night and sleep gameplay segments.
- Distinctive art style from renowned Indonesian artist Soyatu, chiefly inspired by indie manga.
- Set in a vibrant and authentic recreation of modern day Jakarta, Indonesia and developed entirely by an Indonesian team.
- Featuring an original soundtrack from popular Indonesian band, L’alphalpha – written exclusively for the game.
Afterlove EP will release digitally on the Nintendo eShop for Nintendo Switch worldwide in Summer 2022.