The series follows the intergalactic adventure of six alien teenagers aboard an abandoned Federation starship, with the game, which was first teased at Star Trek: Mission Chicago 2022, to be “aimed at younger players, bringing gaming to a new generation of Trekkies.”
Tessera Studios is the developer behind the game, which, after the Protostar picks up strange readings from a dying star, sees Dal R’El and Gwyndala race against time to save their friends, their ship, new alien species and an entire planetary system before a supernova destroys them all.
The Protostar’s malfunctioning transporter has scattered the crew across three alien planets, challenging Dal and Gwyn to overcome ingenious puzzles, endure hostile environments and battle deadly robot armies in an effort to rescue Jankom Pog, Rok-Tahk, Zero and Murf.
However, as they search for their friends, they soon discover a sinister and deadly new enemy – one that will stop at nothing to destroy the Protostar and change the very course of history.
“We are absolutely thrilled to work again with Paramount Consumer Products and Nickelodeon as the publisher that will bring this game to the Next Generation of Star Trek fans,” enthuses Outright Games CEO Terry Malham. “Having the opportunity to work with an IP as iconic as Star Trek is a massive privilege, especially considering the glowing reception the Star Trek: Prodigy series has received. We’re sure that Star Trek Prodigy: Supernova will give young players a great first taste of the expansive Star Trek universe, and older fans will enjoy exploring this latest interactive installment of the franchise.”
The publisher has outlined the game’s key features as below:
- Join Starfleet: Play as Dal R’El and Gwyndala, and rescue their scattered crew. Play solo or in the two-player cooperative mode in this exciting action-adventure;
- Go Boldly: Explore the alien worlds of Orisi, Mirios and Taresse, each with its own hostile environments, puzzles, challenges and mysteries;
- First Contact: Make first contact with new alien species, learn about their history and discover their secrets;
- A New Nemesis: Battle a deadly new adversary and his robot army in thrilling combat encounters;
- Get Ready, Cadets! Dal and Gwyn must use their wits and skills to overcome ingenious puzzles, endure hostile environments and battle deadly robot armies.
Star Trek Prodigy: Supernova will release at retail and digitally on the Nintendo eShop for Nintendo Switch worldwide in October 2022.