PM Studios and Grave Rave Games have announced that the release date for Squish has received a “slight delay,” and has been pushed back by a month.
“Wily observers will note that this is a slight delay in the digital edition of Squish. While a difficult decision to make, the development team felt it needed a bit more time to, well, squish more bugs ahead of the game’s release,” the publisher explained in a press release. “It also provides a terrific opportunity to release both editions of the game simultaneously around the world. Developers promise that the wait will be worth it.”
Promising “spoopy, squishy, fast-paced multiplayer action,” you and up to three gooey friends will have the chance to “rave it up” in an underground crypt as it collapses on you.
That will challenge you to push blocks, dodge hazards from all directions and jump for your survival – squishing your opponents while avoiding the dangers to be the last Skelegoo standing.
There are five “distinctly different” game modes and the chance to unlock snazzy hats and skins to compete in your own style.
The publisher has outlined the game’s key features as below:
- Squish other players directly and try to survive until the end while partying on the sides, there are many ways to rave it up.
- Party all you want, but surviving a collapsing underground rave is tough!
- Squish is easy to learn, but hard to master!
- Whether using a mouse and keyboard or a controller, there are only a few controls to pick up before anyone can push blocks and dodge threats that come along.
- Mastering the controls and knowing exactly how to manipulate the terrain to survive, however, is another story.
Squish will release at retail and digitally on the Nintendo eShop for Nintendo Switch worldwide on 28th June 2022.