Nintendo has announced that another software update will be rolled out for Splatoon worldwide this week.
The Wii U exclusive will be updated to version 2.1.0 on Wednesday 2nd September, which will be required to be downloaded to continue playing online.
Extensively detailing the changes, this will see corrections to Arowana Mall and Camp Triggerfish as well as tweaks to the Rollers, Splash Wall and Tower Control mode.
Changes to stages
- Arowana Mall: Changes the layout in all modes to prevent users from travelling in an unintended way at a specific location.
- Camp Triggerfish: Changes the layout in Turf War and Splat Zones to prevent users from travelling in an unintended way at a specific location.
Changes to main weapons
- Rollers: Corrects an issue introduced in version 2.0.0 that affected camera movements while moving with the roller raised.
Changes to sub weapons
- Splash Wall: Corrects an issue where throwing a bomb while touching the opposing team’s Splash Wall would occasionally damage opposing players on the other side.
Changes to Ranked Battles
- Tower Control: Fixes an issue where the distance counters would display the same number when the scores were very similar.
- Tower Control: Corrects the behaviour of the distance counter when the tower is taken by the other team, having reached the same distance as the opponents but not overtaken them. (In version 2.0.0, the team in the lead lost one distance point, but in version 1.3.0 and earlier the team in the lead gained one distance point.)
- Corrects an issue where updating the software would cause the error code 104-2230
- Introduces several enhancements to improve the user’s experience and enjoyment
- This update is required in order to play online.
- Downloading updates will not affect any of your saved data.