NPD Group has revealed that Splatoon 2 was the best-selling game across the United States last month, outpacing Crash Bandicoot: N. Sane Trilogy as its closest competitor.
Nintendo of America will also be pleased to see The Legend of Zelda: Breath of the Wild, Mario Kart 8 Deluxe, and ARMS in the Top 20, with the first two Nintendo Switch exclusives sat in the Top 10.
“Nintendo’s Splatoon 2 was the best-selling title of the month,” explained NPD Group analyst Mat Piscatella. “Three of the month’s top seven best-selling games are published by Nintendo. Nintendo was also the best-selling software publisher in July.”
Nintendo will soon release a new Nintendo Switch Splatoon 2 Edition bundle that will include a Nintendo Switch with Neon Pink and Neon Green Joy-Con controllers, a download code for Splatoon 2, and a Splatoon 2-themed carrying case.
NPD Group – Software (Overall) – July 2017
- Splatoon 2*
- Crash Bandicoot: N. Sane Trilogy
- Grand Theft Auto V
- Final Fantasy XII: The Zodiac Age
- The Legend of Zelda: Breath of the Wild*
- Injustice 2
- Mario Kart 8*
- Tom Clancy’s Rainbow Six: Siege
- NBA 2K17
- Tom Clancy’s Ghost Recon: Wildlands
- Call of Duty: Modern Warfare Remastered
- Call of Duty: Black Ops III
- Call of Duty: Infinite Warfare
- MLB 17: The Show
- Battlefield 1
- Mass Effect: Andromeda
- Tekken 7
* No digital sales
** No Battle.net sales